What does travel insurance typically cover?
Travel insurance typically offers coverage in case of accidents or unforeseen events while you are abroad, such as:
- Emergency medical assistance
- Healthcare abroad
- Repatriation in case of accident, illness or death
- Additional healthcare expenses while abroad
- Early return due to a family emergency at home or an emergency involving your house or your own business
- Loss of your passport
- Additional travel expenses due to illness or accident
- Search and rescue and recovery activities in case you go missing or are in an accident
- Theft or loss of luggage
Coverage varies across policies and insurance providers.